Friday, April 10, 2009

The house - updated

So after asking for so long - here are updated house pictures!! (I know my sister never thought she'd see them.) Some of this was work that was done while I was in Atlanta and some are pictures from as far back as a month or two after our wedding. Enjoy!!


The new address marker and front porch light

Ugly outdoor carpet has been removed!! (I'm not sure if I even have a picture of the old stuff and I'm OK with that - it took me hours to get this much up and there is still work to be done)

The bathroom was the first room in the house officially complete!

The vent register was with the house when we bought it


Standing in the living room looking in to the kitchen


Living room completely finished - I tried rearranging the furniture a bit but the room is such that the furniture has to go where we put it to begin with


I guess "completely finished" is a little off - we still have to stain the door frame and the trim on the floor and on my "To Do One Day" list is to refinish all the built in woodwork as well


The kitchen cabinets with the crown molding installed


For trim along the floor in the kitchen we used all the leftover spacer pieces that came with the cabinets. I'm not sure why we had so many pieces but it ended up being great for us because it really ties the kitchen together. In this picture you can also see the trim around the refrigerator to the left.


The bay window is still the cats' favorite spot to watch the world go by


Following the previous owners' lead, we painted the two shorter walls an accent color (only we chose green - as you can tell, almost everything the previous owners had pink we now have green - hmm... kind of makes me wonder what the next owners will think and if they will constantly talk about the green like we talk about the pink)


The fireplace in the basement - Mike really likes rocks and I like photography. So the photograph is actually a series of photos that I took with Stitch Assist on a hike and the rocks are some that Mike has collected over time.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, everything looks great!! You guys have a showplace now!!

    Hope you had a great Easter.

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Katie. I'm so impressed with all the work you guys have done! The house is beautiful!! When you guys relocate back East (hint, hint!) we'll have to hire you to come do our basement and attic for us!!!

    ReplyDelete